Launched in 2019 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2019, The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Scheme aims to provide income support to all landholder farmer families across the country with cultivable land, subject to certain exclusions.
The government sends out three installments of Rs. 2,000 each - at an interval of every four months - to farmers. Under PM-KISAN, the first instalment is released from April 1 to July 31, the second instalment from August 1 to November 30 and the third instalment from December 1 to March 31. The government has released seven instalments so far. The eighth instalment is all set to be released in April 2021.
The process of registering yourself for the scheme is relatively easy. You can apply for it through the Panchayat Secretary, Patwari, or even via the Common Service Centre (CSC). In addition, you can register for the scheme yourself using online tools. However, you must register before March 31. If your application is accepted on registration before March 31, you are eligible to receive Rs. 2000 after Holi, as well as Rs. 2000 for the instalment slotted for April or May.
- Visit the official website www.pmkisan.gov.in
- Now, go to Farmers Corner
- Click on New Farmer Registration
- Fill captcha code after entering Aadhaar number
- Provide your State information and fill in the complete personal details
- Save the form after filling in the bank account information and field information
- Aadhaar Number or any other documents for purposes of identification such as Driving Licence, Voters’ ID Card, NREGA Job Card
- Bank Account Number and the Mobile Number of the beneficiaries
PM Kisan Toll-Free Number: 18001155266
PM Kisan Helpline Number: 155261
PM Kisan Landline Numbers: 011—23381092, 23382401
PM Kisan's New Helpline: 011-24300606
PM Kisan has another helpline: 0120-6025109
Email ID: pmkisan- email@example.com
As with most schemes, PM KISAN too had some bugs in the past, which the government has successfully rectified. Officials incharge have taken steps to bring in transparency and farmers who have registered under the scheme will now have to mention their plot number in the application form. However, the new rules will not affect the old beneficiaries associated with the scheme.
Major Highlights of The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Scheme
1. PM-Kisan is a Central Sector scheme with 100% funding from the Government of India.
2. It became operational from 1.12.2018.
3. Under the scheme, an income support of Rs. 6,000 per year in three equal installments will be provided to small and marginal farmer families having combined land holding/ownership of upto two hectares.
4. Definition of family for the scheme is husband, wife and minor children.
5. State Government and UT administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines.
6. The fund will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
7. The first instalment for the period 1.12.2018 to 31.03.2019 is to be provided in the financial year itself.
8. There are various Exclusion Categories for the scheme.
Intended to benefit small-scale farmers, a few categories of beneficiaries of higher economic status are not eligible for benefit under the scheme. These include all institutional landholders and farmer families that belong to one or more of the following categories:
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies. (Excluding Multi-Tasking Staff /Class IV/Group D employees)
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more. (Excluding Multi-Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of the above category
- All persons who paid income tax in the last assessment year
- Professionals like doctors, engineers, lawyers, chartered accountants, and architects registered with professional bodies and carrying out the profession by undertaking practices.
P.S-The above information has been provided on basis of the available information at the time of preparing this topic. Requesting the reader to check the updated information from the above mentioned source links and other websites.